When it comes to food, the boyf tends to act like a ‘eating-professor’ (hence his size HAHA).
Special dates like birthday, christmas, and anniversary is truly a good excuse for us to dine a little better than normal days.
We don’t normally pick our restaurants randomly when it comes to dates worth celebrating.
There’s too many restaurants laying around in KL and I would prefer not bumming into a few bad ones.
We will do some research here and there, have a little discussion before we’re good to go.
Most of the time in the middle of our research, we’ll go ‘OH WOW! this looks damn good’ and ‘WAH SEE! Look at that beef!’.
Food blog is the root of all fats, in our case.
We just really cant say no to food. No
food good food no life.
So this time for our anniversary, we decided to go for lunch instead of dinner for a change.
We picked Il Lido, located at Jalan Mayang which served classic Italian cuisine.
We made a reservation but this action is not needed because it almost seems like we booked the entire restaurant.
Empty during lunch.
* He’s the one who decided to have our lunch at Il Lido.
* I was a tad bit reluctant at first because I heard it’s pretty pricey until the boyf told me they do have lunch set menu.
* Il Lido – “The ultra-luxe interior, combined with the warm, inviting atmosphere, allows diners to ease easily into the experience.”
* Complimentary bread which I personally did not very fancy. Reason being that the taste of garlic in the bread is a tad bit on the heavy side. The taste of garlic lingers too long in my mouth and somehow affect the taste of my starter. There’s a mini fight inside my mouth when I took a bite of my starter.
* Amuse Bouche – which stands for ‘mouth amuser’ if were to direct translate from French. It is a little bite of food to amuse the mouth and different form appetizer, you wont be able to order it from menu. Instead it is selected by the chef accordingly. And the above is Tuna Carpaccio.
* Beef Carpaccio with Rucola, Parmigiano Cheese and Truffle – Rm39. Other than scallops and foie gras, the boyf likes carpaccio too and this is pretty good I must say. Wrapped the beef, rucola, cheese and truffle, stuffed it into our mouth and savour it.
I ordered Festive Season Lunch Menu that costs Rm88.
There’s two starters and three main dish for me to choose from.
* I choose Pan Roasted Scallops with Cannelini Beans, Carrot Jus and Bottarga as my starter knowing that the love likes scallop so much. There’s really nothing much for me to rave about this dish, sadly.
* And Pan Roasted Atlantic Cod with Smoked Caviar Sauce and Whipped Potato as my main course, also knowing that the love likes caviar. Did not like this either, especially the whipped potato because they whipped it with some almond and I HATE ALMOND A LOT BECAUSE IT SMELLS LIKE COCKROACH!
Boyf likes all sorts of expensive food! And I like all sorts of nasty food like cockles and pork intestine LOL.
* My dessert, Chestnut and Amaretto Parfait with Warm White Chocolate which I really dislike because I hate nuts and chocolate. What a combination!
I guess I just really dislike my set, haha. But it’s just preference and somehow the ingredients they used are foods that I dislike eating. ):
The boyf went for Degustation Menu instead, which costs Rm198.
He cant resist degustation menu, that’s for sure.
* Crab Salad with Watermelon and Tomato Elisir. This is a cold dish, it’s fresh and it tasted damn good, one of my favourite of the day.
* Pan Fried Goose Liver with Duck Terrine and Wild Berries Sauce. This is also my favourite. Their pan fried goose liver is one of the best goose liver I’ve tried by far. Slightly crispy on the outside and it melts in your mouth after the first bite. So flavorful!
* Homemade Spaghetti with Lobster and Spicy Tomato Sauce. Don’t find this interesting except that the spaghetti they use had a really different texture and I quite like it.
* Prime Beef Tenderloin with Gorgonzola Cheese Sauce and Truffle Potatoes. Boyf said hope it’s as good as Nathalie’s and when he took a bite he said IT IS really as good as Nathalie’s and when I took a bite I said no. Not as tender, I swear but I quite like the potato though.
* Molten Lava Chocolate Cake with Vanilla Ice Cream. I ate the ice cream while he ate the chocolate cake. In fact he dislike chocolate just like I do but he said it’s really good. Still I’m not interested to give it a try.
I figured that I prefer French cuisine more than Italian cuisine when it comes to fine dine.
I don’t know how to explain this but I just find french cuisine more ‘in-depth’ when it comes to taste or maybe it’s the restaurant I don’t know.
I’d still prefer Nathalie Gourmet anytime and also not to forget Bistro Ã Table.
But still I did enjoy my lunch a lot, especially with him by my side. (:
Our bill came up to about Rm400.
ilLido Italian Dining + Lounge Bar
183 Jalan Mayang (off Jalan Yap Kwan Seng)
50450 Kuala Lumpur
Phone: +603 2161 2291